Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dip-Dyed Ombre Scarf


When I was at home, my sister and I decided we wanted to make cute summery scarves.  We both love crafting and so we figured it would be a fun and easy DIY project that we could do together.  The scarves actually turned out really well!  I was surprised at how cute these scarves ended up.  

We bought two yards of a really inexpensive chiffon fabric while we were in the city and it was enough fabric for each of us to make a scarf.  The dye we used was the brand Rit from Michael's and I was pleased with the color payoff of the dye. 


We prepared the dye according to the directions on the package; we created an ombre effect by keeping the fabric in the dye mixture for a longer amount of time to create a darker color.

My sisters scarf is the one in the foreground and mine is the one that is farther away
-amy gat

No comments:

Post a Comment